Moving On!

Hey everyone, I am moving to a new blog, which will be much more active than this one. Here is the link: http://countingyourpennies.blogspot.com/

I hope to see you there!

Friday, March 5, 2010

Banana Fanna Fo Fanna

I know this post took forever. But school has been ridiculous. Like completely craziness. Here is the wonderful recipe for banana bread that Lucy helped me cook :) It's absolutely delicious :)

So. I love making bread. The only problem is half the time you spend letting it rise. But with this though you don't have to wait. You just mix and cook.


3 or 4 overripe bananas
1 ¼ cups sugar
¼ pound (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
2 eggs, at room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 ½ cups all purpose flour
½ teaspoon kosher salt
1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
½ cup chopped toasted walnuts (optional)

1.Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9x5x3 inch loaf pan. 

2. Place the bananas and sugar in mixer bowl and whip the heck out of them, about 2 or 3 minutes (I just used a fork cause I don't have a mixer and I couldn't find my whisk. It's alright if it's a little chunky)

3. Add the butter, eggs, and vanilla, whipping well and scraping down the sides of the bowl before each addition. 

4. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, add the flour, salt, baking soda, and nuts, if using, and mix to combine. 

5. Pour into the prepared pan and transfer to the oven. Bake until golden brown and firm in the center, about 1 hour.

If you carry this down your dorm hall, you will have followers, I found this out when I was taking upstairs to my friends room :)

No comments:

Post a Comment