Moving On!

Hey everyone, I am moving to a new blog, which will be much more active than this one. Here is the link: http://countingyourpennies.blogspot.com/

I hope to see you there!

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Time Flies

It has been a long time. A long long time. Two weeks to be exact. 
Things here have been hectic. Essays on procrastination to write, midterms to take, and packing up my room.


And my computer decided to hate me. It died. So I bought a new one. And now I finally have it. Yay!


Something I made while this whole fiasco of computers being broken that went on. 


I made something I absolutely love and my family makes it all the time. We are huge fans of Mexican food as my mom is from Texas and my dad is from New Mexico. So it makes sense. 


This is all purely guesstimation on about what I used in this. 


1 onion, chopped up
2 pounds of ground pork
2 cans fire roasted green chili's (Ortega sells these if you can't get the really good ones and they aren't spicy at all), diced
Butter
2 Tablespoons flour
Red Chili Powder
Cumin
Water
2 cans diced tomatoes
Tortillas (for dipping when you are done)


So get a big pot, melt the butter and put the onions in and cook them until they are soft.
Add in the ground pork and brown it


I know this next part is going to sound kind of gross, but it's just to help it thicken up some. 


Move the pork and onions somewhat out of the way in the pan so you have access to the fat that has  come off the pork.
Whisk the flour with the fat until it's mixed together well
Add in the cans of tomatoes and add water...um... I did equal parts of water to tomatoes, so just take your empty tomato cans and fill them up with water and dump it in. 
Mix it all together
Bring it up to a boil and then let it simmer for about 20 minutes on medium low heat


Next add the chili's (you want to add these last always)


Finally, add some red chili powder and cumin, I would say about one-two teaspoons maybe, it's completely up to you, so just keep adding and tasting until you like it!


And that's it!


Now eat it with some tortillas :)


Or you can make a variation of huevos rancheros. 


Get a tortilla, spread refried beans on it(you don't have too) and then make an over easy egg, and put that on top of the tortilla, and cover in green chili stew. Feel free to add cheese and sour cream on top as well :D


We always use the left overs of green chili stew to make them :)


And that will all I shall be posting for the day, more will be up later :)


Yours till the cookie crumbles :)


(And I just used a bunch of smiley faces in those last few thingamabobs...)

No comments:

Post a Comment