Moving On!

Hey everyone, I am moving to a new blog, which will be much more active than this one. Here is the link: http://countingyourpennies.blogspot.com/

I hope to see you there!

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Hot Jambalaya!

So I got bored this afternoon. So I went to Foodland. I splurged and decided to make Jambalaya. This is one of the easiest dinner meals to make. I absolutely love it J
I’m going to be lazy and just copy and paste the recipe…Oh and if  you don’t like shrimp, you can just substitute more smoked sausage, that’s what I do when the friends I’m cooking for don’t like shrimp.

Pictures up soon! I just wanted to get this one up :)

2 cups uncooked parboiled rice (Uncle Ben’s)
2 lbs raw shrimp, peeled and cleaned
1 lb smoked sausage, sliced
1 can French Onion soup
1 can Beef Consumme
1 8 oz can sliced mushrooms, drained
1 stick butter
½ cup chopped green onion
1 8 oz can tomato sauce
Pepper, Thyme, Bay leaf to taste

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine all ingredients in a kettle or oven proof pot and mix well.

3. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees at least 1 ½ hours, checking rice for doneness and stirring pot after 1 hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment