Moving On!

Hey everyone, I am moving to a new blog, which will be much more active than this one. Here is the link: http://countingyourpennies.blogspot.com/

I hope to see you there!

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

What's in the cabinet?

So the other day we went to his house to see what we could scavenge and make into an alright meal. In the end it turned out pretty dang good to be honest.

So here's what we did!

Things  you'll need:
Vegetable oil
Chicken thighs (you can use others pieces, this is just what Shaun had)
Coconut milk (just one can)
Curry powder
Red chili powder

Put about an inch of  vegetable oil in a frying pan and began to heat it up
Then mix up equal parts of the curry powder and red chili powder together in a separate bowl
Rub the spice mix on the skin of the thighs as well as under the skin
Fry the chicken in the oil when its ready (I put a couple of droplets of water and see if it sizzles to tell when it's ready), about 10 minutes on each side
While the chicken is frying mix up coconut milk, red chili powder, and curry powder (equal parts of both, I really just guesstimate...I never use measuring cups unless it's for a specific recipe)
Warm the mixture on the stove in either a frying pan or sauce pan.
When the chicken is done, pull it out and put it in the pan with the sauce in it
Serve! And rice goes really well with this

And there ya go!

Now originally I was going to Maui for Thanksgiving, but that has changed. So I am now making food for just my fiancĂ© and I....hopefully it all turns our all right. And I will for sure be blogging about the recipe's I find and use :D

Yours till the cookie crumbles!

No comments:

Post a Comment