Moving On!

Hey everyone, I am moving to a new blog, which will be much more active than this one. Here is the link: http://countingyourpennies.blogspot.com/

I hope to see you there!

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Back in Hawaii

I am once again back in the wonderful state of Hawaii :)

So much has happened since I last blogged...and I do have a recipe this time!

Just to fill you in though...I'm engaged to the most amazing man ever! He flew to Missouri from Hawaii to meet my family and ask my dad's permission to marry me, and then two days after we returned he proposed to me :) And I am getting married here in Hawaii :)

So anyways.

Here is my brownie recipe I discovered from Williams and Sonoma. I just have to say they are the most amazing things ever.

Just to let you know, there are a couple different shortcuts I take.
-Use a ziploc container/glass bowl (one that will hold all the ingredients) to melt the chocolate and butter in, just put it into the microwave for 30 seconds to begin with, and then stir it every 15-10 seconds until it is all melted. Then just use that as your mixing bowl for all the other ingredients as well. Only one other thing to clean then!
-I don't use cake flour, just regular all purpose, and I don't sift it. I'm a college kid I can't afford either, especially in Hawaii.

And here is the recipe:


  • 8 Tbs. (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into 4 pieces
  • 3 oz. unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped
  • 1 cup sugar
  • Pinch of salt
  • 2 eggs, at room temperature
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 3/4 cup cake flour, sifted
  • 3/4 cup bittersweet chocolate chips, semisweet
      chocolate chips, peanut butter chips or
      white chocolate chips (optional)

Directions:

Preheat an oven to 350°F. Lightly grease an 8-inch square baking dish, preferably glass.

In a saucepan over low heat, combine the butter and unsweetened chocolate. Heat, stirring often, until melted, about 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the sugar and salt. Add the eggs and vanilla and stir until well blended. Sprinkle the flour over the mixture and stir until just blended. Stir in the chips.

Pour the batter into the prepared dish and spread evenly. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the brownies comes out almost completely clean, about 30 minutes (longer if using a metal pan). Do not overbake. Transfer the pan to a wire rack and let cool completely. Cut into 2 1/2-inch squares.
You can always just eat these out of the pan like I do as well as my friends. Oh and I suggest making double the recipe. And one other little trick. I decided to add a little extra flavor to these. 
I took several Hershey's Dark Chocolate infused with Raspberry Flavor squares and melted them in the microwave with a couple tablespoons of butter and then added a bit of sugar in as well. Then I drizzled it over the top of the brownies. It sincerely makes these brownies a bite of heaven. Or you can use whatever other flavor. I prefer the Hershey's to the Ghiridelli's (I can't spell) with Raspberry filling because it actually is all incorporated into the chocolate flavor and not just a filling inside. Be sure to check them out! 
Next time, let's see what Shaun has in his cabinets and what I can make out of it!
Yours till the cookie crumbles!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you back on here! Congratulations on your wonderful news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much :) I'm hoping to be on here more, especially when I move off campus next semester :)

    ReplyDelete